This appointment is closed and is displayed for reference only.
Remuneration:£146.71 per day
Closing date:14 June 2019 at midnight
Appointment of Member to Scottish Social Services Council
Appointment for up to three years from 1 September 2019
Scottish Ministers are looking to fill four member positions of the Council of Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC).
SSSC is the regulator for the social service workforce in Scotland. We protect the public by registering social service workers, setting standards for their practice, conduct, training and education and by supporting their professional development. Where people fall below the standards of practice and conduct we can investigate and take action.
About the Council Member Roles
As a Council Member you will work with the Convener, Chief Executive and other members to carry out the functions of the Council, which are:
* establish the overall strategic direction of the SSSC, within the policy, planning and resources framework agreed with Scottish Ministers;
* determining the allocation of resources to meet these priorities;
* ensure the implementation of Council decisions and strategies;
* oversee the performance management of the Council’s activities and achievements of its aims.
We’re looking for people who have:
* Experience of providing governance oversight of strategic planning and change management
* The ability to analyse and review complex issues, weigh-up conflicting opinions and reach your own decisions
* The ability to work as part of a team
* Effective communication and interpersonal skills
On meeting the priority criteria there are particular skills that the board consider desirable and are particularly interested in people who have experience or knowledge and understanding in the following:
* Digital and Business Transformation Experience
* Workforce Planning and Development
* Experience of Higher or Further Education Sector
* Financial Governance experience
* Knowledge and understanding of the social services environment in Scotland
The position attracts a remuneration of £146.71 per day and you will be expected to spend a minimum of 5 days per month on Council business, some of which may be in the evenings or weekends.
An application pack and full details on how to apply for the role can be found via the link below.
Completed applications must be received on or before Friday, 14 June 2019.
Scottish Ministers particularly welcome applications from groups currently under-represented on Scotland’s public bodies, such as women, disabled people, those from minority ethnic communities, and people aged under 50. The public appointments process promotes, demonstrates and upholds equality of opportunity for all applicants.
Accessibility to public appointments is a fundamental requirement and the public appointments process promotes, demonstrates and upholds equality of opportunity and treatment to all applicants. The Scottish Government will always give consideration to disability-related reasonable adjustments that an applicant might request to enable them to meet the person specification and participate fully in the selection process.
Appointed on merit; committed to diversity and equality.
Please apply online. If you experience any difficulties accessing our website, or in the event that you require a word version of the application form, please contact the Public Appointments Team on (Freephone) 0300 244 1898, by email at PA_Applications_Mailbox@gov.scot, or by writing to the Public Appointments Team, Scottish Government, Area 3F North, Victoria Quay, Edinburgh EH6 6QQ.