This appointment is closed and is displayed for reference only.
Closing date:31 October 2017 at midnight
The Industrial Biotechnology Innovation Centre (IBioIC) is looking for up to four additional Industrial representatives to volunteer to join its Governing Board from January 2018.
IBioIC was established in January 2014 with a £10m core grant from the Scottish Funding Council with a remit to create an Industrial Biotechnology Community that uses Scottish Academic assets to bring economic benefit to Scotland. Since then it has created an activity valued at over £45m. Key achievements include:
- a network of over 100 fee paying Industrial Members
- an Annual Conference held over two days with over 400 delegates attending
- two open access equipment centres to enable Industry to develop its own processes
- over 30 Industrially focussed networking events
- presented at nearly 100 conferences worldwide promoting Scottish IB
- funded over 30 projects in academia all with Industrial sponsors and co-funding
- developed a collaborative MSc with industrial placements for >90 students
- co-funded 45 PhD studentships
- developed an HND in Industrial Biotechnology
IBioIC is in process of securing its second phase of funding reflecting even greater ambition, putting Scotland firmly on the global map as the place to develop and exploit Industrial Biotechnology. To find out more about IBioIC and its activities please visit www.ibioic.com.
IBioIC’s Governing Board has overall responsibility for the Centre’s strategic direction and activities, including finance, recruitment, and compliance with the funding remit, current legislation and agreed Governance processes. Governing Board Membership is continuously reviewed to take cognizance of the needs of industrial members, HEI partners and stakeholders. To find out more about the current membership of the Governing Board and its terms of reference please visit http://www.ibioic.com/who_we_are/governance/d37/.
For more information on this opportunity and details of how to apply, please visit: http://ibioic.com/what_we_do/career_opportunities/i448/call_for_governing_board_members.aspx.