Member and Chair Appointments
This appointment is closed and is displayed for reference only.
Remuneration:reasonable out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed
Closing date:05 September 2012 at midnight
The Big Fund and Highlands and Islands Enterprise are working together to deliver the Scottish Land Fund for the Scottish Government. We are looking for 5 members for the Scottish Land Fund Committee including a Chair.
The Scottish Land Fund will invest £6 million over 3 years to help communities in rural Scotland to become more resilient and sustainable through the ownership and management of land and land assets. It will provide practical support and funding to enable local people to work together to develop their ideas and aspirations and plan and complete viable land and land assets acquisition projects. The Scottish Land Fund Committee will help provide overall strategic direction to the fund and make major funding decisions.
We are looking for people to join the Committee who have:
• an understanding of the aims of the Scottish Land Fund;
• experience of allocating funding, for example, through grant making or investing funds;
• expertise in one or more of the following areas: business, finance, economic development and regeneration, capital projects, forestry, agriculture or crofting, rural community development and community ownership;
• An understanding of issues relating to land reform and land ownership in Scotland;
• Understanding and commitment to diversity issues;
• Experience of working in partnership with different stakeholders (for example, other funders, public, voluntary or private sector agencies).
Committee members will be appointed for up to three years and the time commitment is expected to be up to eight days per year. Members of the Committee are unpaid but reasonable out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed. Further information is contained within the briefing pack. Completed application forms must be received by Morag Donaldson at the Big Lottery Fund by midnight on 5th September 2012.
Interviews will be held in Glasgow on Tuesday 18th, Wednesday 19th or Thursday 20th September 2012.